Wednesday, September 28, 2011

PROFILE: Author Sonia Fuentes


"I feed my love of life by going out and having experiences, leaving my comfort zone when I have to.  No one has ever come knocking at my door with opportunities.  I have to create them.

"For example, this past July, I registered for the Chautauqua Institution to attend a week's programs on women (I'm one of the founders of the second wave of the women's movement and have been a feminist activist since 1963.)  After I signed up, I was asked to be a speaker during that week, and I was. 

"Earlier this month I took a one-week trip to Germany, where I was born, as a guest of the German Foreign Office on a tour called Jewish Life in Germany with seven other Jews from the US and Canada; after that week, I went to Belgium for three days as the guest of the City of Antwerp.  Both those trips were the result of initiatives I took.

"As far as working to make the world a better place, I continue to work every day on women's rights issues." Sonia Fuentes,age 83 Speaker,
Author:  Eat First--You Don't Know What They'll Give You, The Adventures of an Immigrant Family and Their Feminist Daughter http://www.erraticimpact.com/fuentes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews