Wednesday, September 28, 2011

PROFILE: Lauren Wuscher


"I believe I take a much different approach to life than everyone else. My job isn't my life. My interests and my love of learning something new every day is what I live for. I think I'm one of the few people who say, 'Life is short,' yet actually act on it.

"While so many people spend time wishing they could do more, but hesitate because of lack of time, money, or commitment, I just do it. When I wanted to get my motorcycle license, I didn't think about what motorcycle I would ride, how I would fit it into my schedule, or if it was practical, I just did it. I did the same thing when I took kite boarding lessons this year, when I signed up for Spanish classes and cake decorating classes, and when I called the Photography school near me to sign up for a workshop so I could learn to use my brand new digital SLR camera (which I also bought on a whim because I want to have pictures to remember all the fun I have).

"When I make a decision, I don't dwell on it or over think it, I just do it.

"I have a lot of friends who ask me, 'How do you find time for all this?' And in reality, I work full time and I just launched my own business and in reality, I don't have an ounce of time to waste. But when I think about what most people may spend time on, it's the things I used to spend my time on when I got home from work... vegging out in front of the TV with a glass of wine and my feet up, complaining about how horribly long and boring my day was or how stressful work can be.

"It's that exact moment that I now take and turn it into something I can look back on 10 years from now and say to myself, "Wow, I'm glad I learned how to blow glass," because it's just another thing that makes me more well rounded.  When I want to do something or learn something new, I make the time and I find the money, it's always there and everything always falls into place.

"Recently, I've been able to turn my motivation and love of life around into something positive for people around me. About a year and a half ago I found out I had some pretty bad food allergies. I didn't get upset about the allergies, what I got upset about was that I could no longer enjoy going to a restaurant without worrying whether or not I'd be sick. I hated attending parties where I couldn't nosh on all the goodies with my friends and I was appalled at the disgusting excuse for allergen free food.

"So I've created my own allergen free party and events planning business where I'll be launching new products for in the next few months. I hope that my advice and products and positive outlook on the allergen free world can help even just a few people realize that life is short and just because you have allergies, it shouldn't keep you away from anything you dream.. including cake decorating classes."

Lauren Wuscher,26
Philadelphia, PA
www.laurendavidstyle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews