Friday, July 13, 2012

"Discovering Your Purpose" by Cyrus Webb


Why am I here?

It's a question I have found myself asking sometimes when things don't seem clear or if I have taken a "wrong turn" on the road of my life. For many they spend day after day wondering the same thing: What am I supposed to do? Does my life have any meaning?

I'm glad to say that the answer is yes.

No matter how difficult things might seem at times, we all have a purpose. What does that mean? Well, for me our purpose is our reason for being here, the reason why we were put on this earth. Think about this: out of all of the babies that were conceived, you made it when so many did not. Why? Well, you have a reason for being here. It's up to us to identify that reason and then live our lives in accordance with it. It's not always easy, especially when things don't seem as though they are going our way.

The good thing to keep in mind is that just as you have struggled to identify your purpose, so have so many others. It all begins with thinking about it and articulating it for yourself. That is all you need to get the ball rolling and to start living the life you were destined for.

I asked my Facebook and Twitter friends to share their purpose. Here are some of the responses...

"My Purpose is to make a difference in peoples lives. To be a positive influence in otherwise, a negative world." Dana Hampton aka @italiansongbird on Twitter

"My purpose is to find and step into my God given destiny in life so that I can help others find and step into theirs!" Kevin Benton Philadelphia, PA www.kevinbentonministries.com (Facebook)

"My purpose is to utilize my voice, excercise my rights, and speak the truth. In doing so I pray that it awakens, strengthens, and feeds the spirit of another and brings forth words that are thought lost, dormant, or in a trance-like sleep. I pray my courage ignites a fire within that voice. I pray my purpose encourages at least one other to SPEAK!!" Katandra Shanel Jackson Taylor, CEO @ FreedomInk/President @ Angel Eyes Foundation Atlanta GA (Facebook)

"My purpose is to help other writers reach theirs." Author Brian L. Thompson Covington, GA (Facebook)

"My purpose is to participate in the personal growth and spiritual healing of others by sharing my story of hope and healing." Author Lynn C. Tolson Colorado Springs, CO (Facebook)

"My purpose is to share the benefits of a miraculous herb called Ganoderma. It heals body,mind,and soul. It is the King of herbs" @Tiffanyscafe on Twitter

"My purpose is to spread love and beauty in the world by helping children embrace their unique gifts and delight in their authenticity to enable their dreams to come true." Sheri Fink (Facebook)

What about you? What is your purpose? Have you identified? Share it with us here on this post and let's work together to walk in it.

2 comments:

  1. Great comments all around. Thank you for the opportunity to resonate my purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the look and feel of this new blog. Thanks Cyrus for an interactive and positive site.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews